Here is a great video from Cooper Vision that is an in-depth tutorial for inserting and removing your contact lenses.
Some other helpful tips for successful contact lens wear include:
- Always wash and dry your hands before touching your contacts
- Always rub your lenses to clean them well after you wear them
- Remove your contact lenses immediately if they become uncomfortable
- Never insert a contact lens into an eye that is red, irritated or painful
- ALWAYS have a pair of back up spectacle eyeglasses and its a good idea to wear them in the beginning and the end of the day to give your eyes some “Open eye time” with no contact lenses on. Also its another good idea to wear your glasses 1-2 days a week to give your eyes a break from your contact lenses.
- Consult with your eye doctor before wearing your lenses overnight. The eye doctors at Visionary Eyecare in Pembroke Pines, Davie and Sunrise always recommend to NOT sleep in your contact lenses due to the increased risk of infection and other eye health issues associated with sleeping in contact lenses.
- Replace your contacts with a new pair as often as recommended by your eye doctor. If the doctor says its a 2 week lens….then it gets tossed 2 weeks after you open the lens.
- Do not skip your follow up visits or your annual contact lens exam – there may be problems with your contacts that you are unaware of and your eye doctor will be able to determine this before you can see or feel that there may be something wrong.