CLICK HERE TO TAKE THE DRY EYE TEST
Do you think that you may have Dry Eye??
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you have a lot of burning in your eyes?
- Do you have a lot of tearing in your eyes?
- Do you experience a lot of itching in your eyes?
- Do your eyes feel like there is something in them – like an eyelash or hair – even when there is not?
- Do your eyes feel sandy or gritty?
- Does your vision intermittently blur and when you blink it clears up?
- Do you do a lot of work at a computer?
- Do you do a lot of reading?
- Do you do a lot of work outdoors?
If you answered YES to any of the questions above – then you may have Dry Eye.
Click on the “DRY EYE TEST” at the top of this post to help to determine if you do have dry eye.
If you DO have dry eye or answered YES to any of the questions in the above list – schedule an appointment to see your eye doctor. Your eye doctor can help determine what treatment, if any, is best for you.
Common treatments can include using artificial tears in your eyes frequently throughout the day, fish oil capsules or eye vitamins or capsules to be taken orally, punctal plugs to be inserted or a prescription for a medication like Restasis that can help you produce more tears.